Advanced Vestibular Course
Assessment and treatment of patients with vestibular disorders, Part II
The advanced course offered at the University College Western Norway (Høgskulen på Vestlandet) is a follow up of an introductory course arranged in 2016. In this advanced course, taking place in June 2017, we will explore issues of assessment and treatment in more details and in view of the different diagnostic groups.
The course is an independent course and open to all members of the multidisciplinary team that are interested in these patients. It is possible to participate without having the introductory course. However, we expect the participants to have basic knowledge and understanding of examination and treatment/rehabilitation of these patients. This will not be covered in the course.
- Advanced anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology and diagnostic/differential diagnostic procedures.
- Clinical examinations and tests, vestibular laboratory tests.
- Examination and treatment of BPPV (all canals).
- Vestibular Rehabilitation, medical and surgical treatments.
Euro: 510 (NOK 4 500) which covers coursematerial, lunch/coffee/tea.
Please register before 29th May 2017. The registration is binding.
Form and Language:
The course will include theoretical and some practical components, and participants will be expected to act as model patients for each other. Case studies are used in the presentations.
The course is arranged at the University College of Applied Sciences Western Norway, Campus Kronstad.
Physiotherapists, physicians (Ear-Nose-Throat, Neurologists, and General Practitioner ) as well as other members of the multidisciplinary team that meets these patients.
We expect the participants have an understanding of basic anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology and are familiar with these groups of patients. Course material will be available prior to the course.
A certificate from the University College of Applied Sciences Western Norway is granted on completion of the course. The course is approved without absences.
Accomodations in Bergen:
- Airbnb og Wimdu conveys short term rentals of homes
- Citybox offers affordable accommodation in the center of Bergen
- Montana vandrerhjem have reasonable accommodations, and is within walking distance to both Campus Kronstad and Campus Møllendalsveien
- Marken gjestehus Situated right in the center close to the train station and Bergen Light Rail (stop Nonneseter)
- Regines gjestehus Located just off Harald Deaconess Hospital with approximately 20-30 min. within walking distance of HVL
- VisitBergen provides an overview of different accommodation