PhD, autumn 2020
The National Joint PhD programme in nautical operations educates qualified candidates for research, teaching, dissemination and innovation work, and other activities requiring scientific insight and an operational maritime focus.
The programme is organised as a joint degree between the following four national higher education institutions offering professional maritime education:
- Universtity of Tromsø - The Arctic University of Norway (UiT)
- University of South-Eastern Norway (USN)
- Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL)
- Norwegial University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
The partner institutions focus each on their specific areas of research within nautical operations and are responsible for their respective academic parts of the PhD programme.
The language of teaching and examination is English.
Candidates will be qualified for positions within the national and international maritime sector. Jobs and sectors can be, for example:
- Supplier industry to the maritime sector
- Shipping companies
- State companies and public institutions with maritime activities
- Consultancy firms
- The HE sector with training for the maritime professions
- Offshore and energy companies
- Ports and land-based services for the maritime industry
- Training and education centres for maritime personnel.
Where can I travel?
Italy | University of Genoa