Study plan - Post-graduate studies in care and treatment of non-healing wounds
This is a chiefly web-based part-time education. The education consists of two courses, SÅR1101 and SÅR1102, each containing 15 credits, which both concludes with an exam. Each course is divided into two themes, both commencing with an assembly of four days. After the first theme in each course is completed, the students are given an assignment. In order to sit for an examination, the assignment must be approved.
- have acquired comprehensive knowledge about the physiological and pathophysiological basis of wound healing
- have acquired comprehensive knowledge about general causes behind non-healing wounds and general methods of treatment
- have acquired comprehensive knowledge about circulatory causes behind non-healing wounds and methods of treatment
- have acquired comprehensive knowledge about neuropathical, pressure-related and immunological causes behind non-healing wounds and methods of treatment
- identifies persons in risk of developing non-healing wounds
- prevents wounds from developing in cases where the risk is known
- analyses and assesses various types of non-healing wounds
- implements treatment of non-healing wounds
- analyses and employs relevant profession and research literature in relation to wound treatment
- contributes to new thinking and innovation processes
Individual home examination, semester paper/assignment
Not at present.