ØKB3119 Accounting Organization
Course description for academic year 2020/2021
Contents and structure
The course aims to give insights to an accountant¿s role and generally accepted accounting principles, including challenges concerning the processing and registration of transactions and business events, and organization and internal control. The students will also be introduced to the practical use of an IT-based accounting system.
- Is familiar with rules that regulate rights and obligations for authorized accountants, including an accountant¿s legal liability and duties
- Is familiar with the requirements, obligations, and recommendations that appear in the generally accepted accounting principles
- Knows the board¿s, general manager¿s, and auditor¿s roles and responsibilities concerning a business
- Knows the most central business routines
- Knows general controls and can reflect upon organizational relations relating to internal control, including measures to secure efficient internal control
- Knows requirements regarding safety and controls in IT-systems
- Is familiar with the basic bookkeeping principles in the Bookkeeping Act and generally accepting bookkeeping principles, including other regulations in the Bookkeeping Act and the Accounting Act
- Is able to use rules concerning rights and obligations, and the contents of generally accepted accounting principles, including regulations on risk (the Regulation on Risk Management and Internal Control) and regulations on laundering
- Is able to acquire up-to-date knowledge within the areas of knowledge and skills mentioned above
- Can pass on important knowledge through relevant expressions and can exchange points of view and experiences with other professionals
- Is able to view the course in a bigger social context
Recommended previous knowledge
Introductory course in financial accounting.
Lectures, plenary exercises, and guidance related to individual exercises or exercises in groups.
Written exam 4 hrs 100%
Grades A - F
The exam can be held on a digital exam system
Examination support material
Laws, regularitions and standards.More about examination support material