Course description for academic year 2020/2021
Due to Covid-19, changes may occur in course descriptions for the autumn semester of 2020. Changes in each course will be published on Studentweb or Canvas. When a course description has been changed there, the description on web is no longer valid. Examples of such changes could be accomplishment of practice, course type, or whether letter grades or passed/not passed will be used as grading scales.
Contents and structure
Basic statistical analysis of economic data with emphasis on regression analysis. The course has an applied focus.
On completion of the course, the student should have the following total learning outcomes:
- Different types of data
- Cross section
- Time series
- Challenges and methods related to the different types of data
- Multiple regression analysis:
- Problems related to:
- Model specification
- Selected topics
- Read and interpret simple econometric works.
- Make use of relevant statistical software.
- Formulate simple econometric models and testable hypotheses.
- Conduct an empirical analysis on a dataset.
- Formulate and conduct relevant specification tests.
- Develop a greater understanding of data and analysis of data.
- Master basic statistical analysis apparatus.
- Develop a critical attitude towards statistical analysis.
Recommended previous knowledge
ØSO001 Microeconomics, ØMO001 Mathematics
Lectures and problem solving.
Written school exam, 5 hours. The exam will be held on the digital exam system. The time and place for the exam will be announced on Studentweb. Grading scale A-F, where F means the student failed.
Examination support material
Calculator. Own PC. All written supplements.More about examination support material