BØA117 Financial Accounting and analysis
Course description for academic year 2020/2021
Due to Covid-19, changes may occur in course descriptions for the autumn semester of 2020. Changes in each course will be published on Studentweb or Canvas. When a course description has been changed there, the description on web is no longer valid. Examples of such changes could be accomplishment of practice, course type, or whether letter grades or passed/not passed will be used as grading scales.
Contents and structure
The course is based on BØA113 Introduction to Business Economics and Accounting with accounting or similar courses. The course will provide a good insight into the structure of the financial statements and the framework conditions. The course will also provide the necessary knowledge to handle central accounting measurement problems and to prepare cash flow analysis. Based on the financial statements, it is shown how the company's profitability, liquidity and financing can be further analyzed.
- Basic accounting principles and good accounting practice
- Accounting Act's valuation rules for assets and liabilities
- Equity and disposal of annual results
- Preparation of cash flow statement
- Traditional accounting analysis
Students should after completing the course:
- Have a good insight into the structure of the financial statement and the framework conditions
- be able to handle key measurement and assessment problems in the financial statements
- Know the most important tax assessment rules as the basis for calculating temporary differences and deferred taxes
- be able to prepare cash flow analysis
- be able to arrange accounting data and carry out correction of accounting figures for analytical purposes
- be able to calculate current key figures and assess the company's profitability, liquidity, equity and financing
Recommended previous knowledge
BØA113 Introduction to Business Economics and Accounting or similar
Lectures and exercises.
Yes, assignment(s) (to be specified in the semester plan available in the beginning of the semester)
Written exam, 4 hour.
Examination support material
Calculator. Law codesMore about examination support material