MET205 Electric Drives
Course description for academic year 2020/2021
Contents and structure
The course deals with advanced topics in electric motor drives. The following themes are included:
- Power semiconductors and power converters.
- DC motor Drifter
- Control of Electric Machines
- Permanent Magnet motor drives
- Asynchronous motor drives
- Other type motor drives
Knowledge: After completing the course, the candidate should be able to:
- Develop the mathematical model and control algorithm of DC motor, asynchronous motor and permanent magnet motor, etc.
- design power inverter and motor for motor system.
- Know how to build Electric drive system.
Skills: After completing the course, the candidate should be able to design and construct optimal and reliable motor drive systems. General competence: The candidate shall have competence in the development, simulation and implementation of the motor drive system and its control system.
Complete bachelor study in Electric Power Engineering
Recommended previous knowledge
ELE119 Power Electronics or similar course
ELE114 Electric machines or similar course
Lectures, selfstudy and mini-project
3 obligatory assignments and 1 mini-project
3 obligatory assignments and 1 mini-Project must be approved for taking the exam.
Oral exam. Grading scale is A-F where F is fail.
Examination support material
All types calculators.More about examination support material