ENG3-1016 Didactics 1
Course description for academic year 2021/2022
Contents and structure
Didactics 1 is an introduction to central perspectives and theories in English subject didactics.
- has knowledge of how children and young people learn languages
- has knowledge about central language teaching theories and methods
- has knowledge about the curriculum and teaching and learning material for the English subject
- has knowledge about basic skills in the English subject
- has knowledge about how to plan teaching
- is aware of their role as a good language model
- is capable of using a wide variety of teaching resources, materials and texts
- is capable of discussing and using didactic theory in planning and evaluating teaching
- is capable of using English orally and in writing, confidently and independently, appropriately for the target group
- is capable of working independently and together with others in maintaining and developing his/her own linguistic and didactic competence
- is capable of reflecting on his/her own learning and teaching practice in light of fundamental ethical values
Teaching consists of lectures and seminars in combination with discussions, group work, and individual activities. The course may include some digital teaching in addition to on-campus meetings. Students will gain experience with methods that can be used in the English classroom. The course requires systematic work with exercises and active participation in class, and attendance is therefore compulsory.
- An oral assignment, with peer review
- Compulsory attendance
Written home exam, 2 days.
Examination support material
All aids available.More about examination support material