BCA301D Into Dance
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
Into Dance: This subject introduces Dance as physical, cultural and aesthetic activity. You will learn the basics of dancing, dance as cultural activity and the artform and its creative potential. You will be informed of its performing and performance qualities.
The study is open for exchange students.
- Will know of the basics of dancing, simple dancetraining and dancesteps
- Will know of the body and its workings
- Will know of practicing basic presentation skills
- Can present and perform simple dance shapes and steps
- Can understand and train own body in simple dance-shapes
- Can reflect on learning dance
- Can understand and learn dance-shapes and dances connected to cultural activity and social processes
Recommended previous knowledge
Practical work with the use of dance-training and simple dances, lectures, tutorials, group-collaborations and written assignments
Compulsory learning activities
- Active participation is expected, and compulsory physical attendance is a requirement for parts of this course. Which parts this is will be presented in the plan for each semester.
- The student is expected to engage actively in own learning
- Active participation in the practical group-collaborations and lectures
- Presentations of group-work
- Written assignments
A total of 1 gradesmark, divided in 2 evaluations:
- Part 1: Practical group exam, weighting 70%.
- Part 2: Individual oral exam, weighting 30%.
Grading scale: Passed/Failed
Note: This exam must be passed to continue to next module.
Examination support material
All printed and written support material allowed, including video-material from internet.
Technical equipment such as light and sound for stage, film and/or video camera-work.More about examination support material