Study plan - Digital Business and Management, One Year Programme
In today's society, digital technology and digital competence play an increasingly important role and can be crucial for value creation, innovation, and profitability in a company. This one-year program provides a thorough immersion in the field of digitalization and the digital economy.
You will gain specific knowledge in economics, digital business understanding, digital marketing, and digital leadership and organization in companies in both the private and public sectors. These are competencies that are important for competitiveness, innovation, and crucial areas for a company to create value for owners, customers/users, and society.
Through the program, you will:
- Gain a broad overview of technology-based and data-driven value creation
- Learn about digital transformation, the use of digital technology, and the interplay between digital technology and humans in society, business, and individual businesses
- Acquire insight and competency in digitalization and digital transformation related to business models, processes, marketing, cloud-based services, and the so-called "platform economy"
- Develop in-depth knowledge of current methods and techniques related to digital and data-driven value creation, organization, and leadership
The program will benefit from and build on close collaboration with businesses, business communities, and business clusters in the region.
After completing and passing the one-year program, the students will have:
- of information technology, the internet, and digital transformation, important digital drivers (Industry 4.0), databases, data modeling, and digital business systems in an enterprise, ethical issues related to IT and the internet.
- of the background of digitalization, both in technical terms and for organization and management, as well as how the use of digital technology and digital business systems can provide various types of benefits and support strategic decisions and activities at different levels in a company.
- of what digital marketing and digital marketing strategy entail, how digital marketing and social media impact a company's value creation, and how this relates to the "green shift."
- of the characteristics of the main tools in digital marketing, the main social media platforms, the interaction between different digital channels, and what content production entails.
- of basic microeconomic concepts and models and how they can be used to analyze actors' behavior.
- of project management, dual leadership, team development, organization and innovation systems, value creation, creative processes, business ideas, and sustainable business models and innovation strategies in existing and new businesses.
- of scientific research methods and research-based knowledge.
- of how digital technology and digital solutions enable and entail organizational transformation and affect the choice of and practice for organizational form and leadership.
- Identify opportunities and issues related to the use of applications and the Internet for business purposes and master office support tools
- Analyze agents' economic adaptation
- Evaluate the potential of digital technologies for business operations and digital transformation
- Identify a company's value configuration and business model
- Propose a digital business strategy based on a company's environment and internal resources, and suggest digitalization measures for a company based on the strategy
- Identify characteristics of a company's target groups/interest groups
- Analyze and evaluate digital strategies and propose a strategy for digital marketing, suggest measures in social media and digital marketing, and measure marketing strategies
- Find, evaluate, and use various sources of knowledge and digital tools in personal knowledge building
- Contribute to creative processes/innovation and entrepreneurship through project participation
- Evaluate socially beneficial products and services, systems, and solutions, as well as identify ethical dilemmas, social responsibility, and sustainability in a project
- Discuss how digital technology enables and entails organizational transformation, based on critical reflection and the use of theories and methods in organization and digital transformation
- Participate constructively with research-based proposals in organizational change processes related to digital technology
- Collaborate with others in groups, exchange views, and communicate academic content in writing and orally
- Have a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges of digitalization for businesses and a company's business model
- Have a basic understanding of IT systems and processes and how they can contribute to business development and sustainable value creation for customers/users, society, and the company
- Understand the relationship between individual agents' choices and the socio-economic consequences
- Understand the significance of digital technology in the ongoing operations of a business, corporate governance, the role of employees in digitalization processes, sustainable business development, and innovation
- Collaborate with fellow students and across disciplines
- Have insight into relevant ethical and professional issues related to IT and digitalization in businesses
- Plan and execute projects and tasks independently or in groups
- Be familiar with innovative and creative processes in the field
- Be able to work both independently and in teams to solve practical and theoretical problems
- Be able to document and report the results of such work in accordance with approved standards and present professional work to both specialists and non-specialists orally.
1. semester Fall
BØA119 Academic formation and skills
DØL117 Digital Organization and Management
ØAA117 Practical project management
BØA203 Micro economics
DØL116 Digital marketing
ØAO016 Strategy and Business Development
DØL200 Semester assignment digital economics and management (15 sp)
The teaching will alternate between lectures, assignments, case solutions, student presentations/peer reviews, guest lectures, and company visits. You will be given projects where you study how digitalization, digital transformation, and the development of digital competence are managed in organizations both in the private and public sectors. In the second semester, you will write a project paper where you analyze real-life practical problems for a company.
In subjects with prerequisites for tests (submissions or exercises in the data lab), these must be approved before you can take the exam.
Different types of evaluations in the different courses
General admission requirements