Facilitation for supervised professional training placements
Do you need special facilitation in your supervised professional training due to, for example, a disability, illness, pregnancy or breastfeeding, or special needs that could make it preferable for you to carry out your practical placement at a specific place?
Shortcut - remember to apply in advance:
Application deadlines if you are applying for facilitation
Be aware that you are not guaranteed facilitation even if you fulfil the criteria outlined below. Among other things, the availability of practical placements on your course or in your class, as well as professional considerations, will help guide the decision as to whether or not this will be possible.
Facilitation for special needs
If you require special facilitation in your supervised professional training due to, for example, a disability, illness or pregnancy, or because you are breastfeeding, you can send us an application for facilitation.
Examples of special arrangements may take the form of physical facilitations during the actual practical placement or arrangements for breastfeeding.
We cannot demand that the institutions offering practical placements facilitate students with special needs, but we can encourage this through the guidelines of the individual institutions providing the practical placements. Nor can the university college provide facilitation that would lead to a reduction in the professional requirements that have been outlined for the specific programmes of study.
When applying, you must attach documentation from a doctor, psychologist or other expert. It would be advantageous if the documentation provided an example of any appropriate facilitation measures.
Supervised professional training at a specific placement - with special needs
If you have special needs that make it preferable for you to carry out your supervised professional training at a specific placement, you can apply for this. This is applicable only if you can be assigned a practical placement where you have to live somewhere other than the campus or if you will need to commute over long distances. Note that your programme of study will have a geographical field of practice that sets the conditions for where you will be able to complete your practical placement.
Commuting to some extent must also be expected among students who are granted practical placements in certain places.
Here are some of the criteria against which the applications will be assessed, ranked by priority:
- sole responsibility for children under the age of 18
- illness that requires treatment at a certain place
- daily care for children under the age of 12
- functional difficulties or serious illness in the immediate family
- participation in an elite sport or being an athlete in the national team
- being an athlete in the elite division of a team sport
- being an individual athlete on a national level
- serving in the student council or student parliament, or on the university college board
How to apply
- If your period of supervised professional training starts in the autumn semester, you must apply by 1 April
- If you are a first-year student, you must apply by 1 September
- If your period of supervised professional training starts in the spring semester, you must apply by 1 October
- You can apply at any time for sudden, unforeseen situations.
If you apply for reasons such as having children, having a chronic illness or other criteria that will affect you for the duration of your programme of study, you can apply for the entire period that you will be studying.
If you apply on the basis of reasons such as your requiring treatment, or due to your carrying out a duty or participating in an elite sport, you can apply for up to two semesters at a time.
What happens after you submit your application?
- The practical placement coordinator for your department will process the application.
- The processing time can take up to four weeks from the date the application is received.
- If necessary, you may be invited to a facilitation discussion.
- Once your application has been fully processed, you will receive a response via email, Digipost or a letter.
- If the facilitation measures may have an impact on the implementation of the period of the practical placement, the university college will start a dialogue between the practical placement and the student.