Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL) is one of the largest higher education institutions in Norway. HVL was formed through a merger between Bergen University College, Sogn og Fjordane University College and Stord/Haugesund University College on January 1 2017.
- Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education, Arts and Sports
- Faculty of Engineering and Science
- Faculty of Health and Social Sciences
HVL has a clear professional and working life-oriented profile. Through education, research and development we create new knowledge and expertise, anchored internationally and with solutions that work locally.
Knowledge that shapes people and societyVision
HVL stretches over 5 campuses and 400 kilometeres on the western coast of Norway. The university graduate over 3000 candidates annualy and offers a broad range of academic programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels.
Students at undergraduate and postgraduate level have access to high quality exchange opportunities abroad and staff-mobility is encouraged.
- Approximately 16,000 students and 1,400 staff
- Five campuses: Bergen, Førde, Haugesund, Sogndal and Stord
- Name in English: Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
- Name in Norwegian: Høgskulen på Vestlandet
- Abbreviation: HVL (both in Norwegian and English)
- Existing international agreements and projects will be continued