Jump to content

University of Turin

The University of Turin (UNITO) is one of the best in Italy, and is located in the city of Turin, in the Piemonte region of northwest Italy. The university was founded in 1404, and is today one of the largest in Italy, with more than 70,000 students, 4000 employees and 120 buildings, in Turin and outlying areas of Piemonte.

Turin is Italy’s fourth largest city, close to the Mediterranean, Milano, the mountains and neighbouring countries. As a lively cultural centre with numerous restaurants, galleries, interactive museums and theatres, the city has been named one of the world’s finest destinations. As an exchange student in Turin, you can enjoy local pizza at a street restaurant before trying some of the city’s famous chocolate on the way to a football match with Juventus F.C. or to meet friends at the Piazza Castello.


This is an Erasmus + agreement. As an Erasmus student, you will be participating in the world’s largest exchange programme and can study at good European universities without paying tuition. Through Erasmus+, you will be given an extra grant that provides more money to enjoy your stay.


Everyone participating in an Erasmus+ exchange programme must take an online language test online before they travel, and they will be given access to a language course through this service. The Division of Research, Internationalisation and Innovation (AFII) will inform you of this test in advance.

If you can document that part of the study takes place in Italian, you may receive a grant from the State Educational Loan Fund, Norway for a 4-week language course to be taken in Italy prior to the start of the semester.


You will not be paying tuition at this institution and will receive the Erasmus+ grant in addition to a grant from the State Educational Loan Fund, Norway. You will receive the same financial support from the State Educational Loan Fund, Norway as for studies in Norway, in addition to a travel grant. You must pay a semester fee to HVL in order to receive a loan and grant from the State Educational Loan Fund, Norway during the exchange period.

Course approval

In order to apply for a student exchange programme, your application must first be approved by the study programme of your faculty. An approved application means that you have been given an academic pre-approval for the course or traineeship you will be doing abroad. The academic pre-approval specifies what you will be doing while you are on an exchange programme and confirms these activities will be fully approved as part of your education plan at HVL.

What can I study?

Joint Master's Programme in Software Engineering

It is possible for you to do an exchange programme during the master’s programme and take either theoretical subjects or work on your master’s thesis. Speak with your academic contact person to find out when it would be best to go.

Master in Climate Change Management

It is possible to do an exchange programme in the 2nd semester of your master’s programme. Contact the academic contact person for more information.