Please take the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of yourself and your fellow students while on exchange.
10 rules of thumb while staying abroad:
- Adhere to the official travel advice of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Keep up to date on the local security situation, and for follow advice from local authorities and the host institution.
- Adhere to local laws, regulations and recommendations, and respect local norms and customs.
- Keep your family at home up to date about your current location.
- Always have some cash available but do not carry expensive valuables and loads of cash with you.
- Protect yourself against malaria and infectious diseases.
- Use common sense when it comes to foods and be careful with alcohol.
- Be vigilant, but in case of robbery - comply and report it to the local authorities.
- Wear a seat belt when available.
- Care for your fellow students.