Call for Abstracts
Exploring Visual Worlds of Education in the Context of Crises and New Spaces of Opportunity
Following the new momentum about visual pedagogy set out by Association of Visual Pedagogy (AVP) since 2016, AVP develops an inter-disciplinary dialogue exploring the relationship between visualisation, digitalisation and pedagogy in multiple global settings to understand our identities in our contemporary world where new technologies have made the visual and moving images ubiquitous in the lives of many. It impacts on all domains of learning, education, being and becoming across the life span.
This event will open the floor to sharing new ideas and innovations on technologies and visualisations in live, culture and education as well as address old and new complexities and opportunities.
The world we share as global citizens is rapidly changing due to widespread interconnectivity and new ways of distributing educational recourses. A global pandemic has accelerated the use of digital platforms in learning and teaching giving way to unprecedented disruptions on traditional arrangements in education.
When children and students are spending large parts of the day at home due to COVID-19, stakeholders in education such as teachers, researchers, children, policymakers and parents gain new experience shaping both critical recourses and new opportunities to reimagine education. The conference will not waste another crisis in education but open the floor through a digital space. The purposes of this conference will be
- to explore new ways of teaching, learning, being and connecting
- give attention to how visuality shape realities, virtual or not
- to give attention to how visuality interacts with sound and music
- to inspire as well as problematize the current technological shift in education
- explore digitalization and distribution of equity in education
- to develop new understandings of visual cultures, visual modes of production
- to create an event that also will be place for new ideas, innovation in education, learning, active engagement, networking and knowledge exchange
- Investigate critical resources to better understand and shape the interface between technology, learning and teaching.
The conference will gather heads of higher education as well as practitioner in a wide interdisciplinary field of education. We will welcome contributors from higher education, educational development, future focused education, organisations, education into sustainable futures, teaching innovation, library services, educational research and Interdisciplinary research in all curriculum areas, artists, film-makers, producers and innovators. You can propose present research presentations, productions with reflection, virtual reality symposia and workshops, on site workshops.
AVP publish a book series through BRILL called Visual Pedagogies, Methodologies and Educational Research and own an Open Access Video journal called Video Journal of Education and PedagogySubmit abstract for the conference here!