Critical perspectives on Person, Care and Aging
Centre of care research at HVL invites you to a conference in May 2019. The conference will investigate perspectives on care and aging.
The need for theoretical and empirical investigation of perspectives on care and person in relation to aging is highly relevant due to care policy approaches guided by ideas and priorities in relation to person-centred care, user participation, quality in care, etc.
In response to such ideas and political trends, this conference will critical illuminate the theoretical and philosophical foundations of the interrelation between concepts of person, care and aging. Accordingly, we invite researchers and scholars with special interest in perspectives on person-centred care to attend the conference.
The conference will take place at Western Norway university of Applied Sciences (HVL) at campus Bergen at 15th and 16th of May 2019. The conference is arranged by the research network of care philosophy (Omsorgens grunnlag, fenomener og vilkår) situated at the Centre of care research at HVL.
- Professor Frode F. Jacobsen, Western Norway university of Applied Sciences
- Professor Christine Øye, Western Norway university of Applied Sciences
- Associate Professor Oddvar Førland, Western Norway university of Applied Sciences
- Associate Professor Anne Marie Sandvoll, Western Norway university of Applied Sciences
- Associate Professor Venke Ueland, University of Stavanger
- Professor Herdis Alvsvåg, ViD Specialized University
- Associate Professor Oddgeir Synnes, ViD Specialized University
- Professor Emerita Kari Martinsen
The abstract should be max. 300 words and include:
1. A title
2. A short description of the theme which explicit links to the topic of the conference
3. Full contact details of presenter(s): Name/s, affiliation, phone number, e-mail.
Please send your abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline 15th of January
The abstracts will be evaluated by a scientific committee for a paper presentation at the 16th of May. The scientific committee work to get the best papers published in an international journal for a special issue, International Journal of Practice development (IPDJ).
The abstract can be in English or in any Scandinavian language. However, the papers for the journal must be written in line with the author guidelines.
We have reserved several rooms at Hotels in the city center next to the main Train station and Bergen Bus terminal.
- Zander K 14.- 15. May 2019 (30 rooms)
NOK 935 included breakfast
- Hotel Grand Terminus 14.-16. May 2019 (50 rooms)
935 NOK included breakfast
Transport from and to Bergen Airport Flesland
The company Skyss operates public transport in the Bergen region. If you are staying in Bergen for a while we recommend you to download the Skyss ticket app to your mobile phone, to buy tickets.
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences