HyValue brings together more than 50 partners from research, industry and public sector. We are looking at the entire value chain for hydrogen - production, distribution, use, regulations, safety, and commercialization. We aim for safer, greener and more efficient hydrogen production that both industry and society can trust.
The NORCE-led centre HyValue is a Centre for Environment-friendly Energy Research (FME). At HyValue we work to determine the role of hydrogen and hydrogen-based energy carriers in reaching a zero-emission energy economy, and further to support their implementation in society.
HyValue addresses five grand challenges related to the development of a competitive Norwegian hydrogen energy sector:
1. Can we produce hydrogen and ammonia with minimum energy loss and at a lower cost?
2. Can we create a safe and resilient transport and distribution system for hydrogen-based fuels?
3. Can we develop end-user applications for hydrogen-based energy carriers?
4. Can we stimulate investments and build systems with acceptable risk for all stakeholders?
5. Can we build public trust and confidence in a hydrogen economy?
HyValue facilitates a tightly integrated, focused research program including six scientific Work Packages (WPs).