ELE121 Advanced Networking Technology
Course description for academic year 2021/2022
Contents and structure
The course covers advanced topics of computer networks and the Internet. Both theoretical and laboratory activities are included in the course.
The following topics are covered:
The Link-State and Distance-Vector routing algorithms
Routing protocols for IPv4 and IPv6: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
Distribution of routing among routing protocols
switching: VLAN, trunking, spanning-tree, port security
- The candidate has advanced knowledge about networks and is capable of understanding, design, develop, maintain, manage, and troubleshooting data networks.
- The candidate can use routers, switches, and related technologies to develop networks according to demands.
- The candidate master design, implement, and troubleshoot of networks.
- The candidate can work with related projects independently or cooperate with others.
- The candidate has the capability and skills to develop, maintain, and manage different type of data networks.
Recommended previous knowledge
Basic network knowledge, or ELE 118 Networking Technology, or equivalent courses.
Compulsory learning activities
10 laboratory assignments and 10 chapter tests.
Valid mandatory assignments will be valid in the following 3 semesters.
4 hours written exam will be held on the digital exam system. Students must bring their PC. The software must be installed and tested before the exam day.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Examination support material
No aidsMore about examination support material