BCA601D Artistic Expression and Practice in Communities 2 - Dance in Choreography
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
Dance in Context: This subject informs of dance set in historical perspectives and in present day context. Through this course you also gain knowledge of dance traditions and techniques. Performing dance in simple forms, is emphasized.
The study is open for exchange students.
- Will know of the professional work and artform, including different traditions and genre
- Will know of different choreographic traditions in the artform
- Will know of performative strategies in different genres of dance and the artform
- Can recognise and explain different choreograhic and performative strategies for dance and in the artform
- Can compose simple choreographic dance and movement shapes and explain the choices
- Can use simple dance-shapes, compositions and performative strategies as part of a creative and community-related project
- Can link different choreographic and artistic danceshapes to cultural and social science- based theories
- Can plan and instruct in community-oriented projects for children, youth and/or adults by choreographic use of dance and movement as part of the work.
Practical dancework combined with lectures, tutorials, group-collaborations and written assignments
Compulsory learning activities
- Formal presence no less than 80% attendance
- The student is expected to engage actively in own learning
- Active participation in the workshops, lectures, group-collaborations and written assignments
- Presentatiobn of one (1) projectbased group-collaboration
- Written assignments
Gradesmarking: In total 1 gradesmark divided in 2 evaluations.
Part 1: Practical group exam. Weighting 60%.
Part 2: Written exam. Weighting 40%
Grading scale: A - F
Examination support material
All printed and written support material allowed, including video-material from internet.
Technical equipment such as light and sound for stage, film and/or video, camerawork.More about examination support material