BCA601V Artistic Expression and Practice in Communities 2 - Visual Art
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
Through this course you will gain experience in developing and organising workshops for visual art activities. Your competence will be developed through practical training and theory. Visual art didactics is an integrated part of this course.
- Has basic knowledge of planning workshops for visual art activities in the community.
- Has basic knowledge of relevant topics and practices in research and innovation and in artistic research relating to working with visual art in the community.
- Has basic practical knowledge about working with visual art, craft and design in the community.
- Can use the subject's distinctive character in planning, organising and conducting visual art workshops for selected groups in the community.
- Can reflect on one's own practice.
- Can initiate, motivate, lead and organize discipline-based arts activities in different contexts and with different groups of participants
- Can use a range of approaches and ways of working with visual art, which invite participation in arts practices irrespective of participants backgrounds
- Can understand how visual creative work can challenge one’s senses, engage emotions, demands concentration and activates the body.
- Can see how visual art can contribute to personal growth
Workshops, seminars, lectures, practical work in the studio, both individual and group-based work, professional training.
Compulsory learning activities
This course contains compulsory teaching activities, this will be specified in the semester plan.
- Professional training, 2 weeks. See plan for Professional training in Community Arts for details.
- One oral presentation
- One written assignment
Grade scale: A-F.