BCA701D Other Arts Basic - Into Dance
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
Basic Dance and Moving: This subject has focus dance as physical, cultural and aesthetic activity. You will learn the basics of dancing, movement and dance in general, and the creative potential. You will be informed of performing and performance qualities.
The module is open for exchange students.
- Will know of the basics of dancing, dance-training and dance-steps
- Will know of the body and its workings
- Will know of presentation skills
- Can present and perform simple dance shapes and steps
- Can understand and train own body in simple dance-forms
- Can reflect on learning dance
- Can understand and learn dance-shapes and dances and how these are i basic forms, connected to cultural activity and social processes
Practical work with the use of danceworkshops, lectures, tutorials, group work and written assignments
Compulsory learning activities
- Formal presence no less than 80% attendance.
- Active participation in the practical groupwork and lectures
- Presentation of groupwork
- Written assignments
Part 1: Practical group exam. Weighting 60%.
Part 2: Individual oral exam. Weighting 40%.
Grading scale: Passed/Failed
Examination support material
All printed and written support material allowed, including video-material from inter-net. Technical equipment such as light and sound for stage, film and/or video, camerawork.More about examination support material