BCA801D Artistic Expression and Practice 2 - Creative Dancece
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
Creative Dance: This subject informs in depth of Creative Dance: The theories, teaching methods and practice in present day context. Through this course you gain insight into and experience of using Creative Dance and movement in projects for children, young persons and/or other amateurs.
The module is open for exchange students.
- Will know of the principles and perspectives of Creative Dance
- Will know of the Dance Didactics of Creative Dance
- Will know how Creative Dance can be used in projects for amateurs
- Can practice and perform Creative Dance principles and its didactics
- Can organize and complete a community-oriented project for amateurs, using Creative dance and movement in the work
- Can plan and instruct projects with amateurs involved and implement the use of Creative Dance as part of the project
Practical work with the use of creative dance, lectures, tutoring/guidance, group work and written assignments.
Compulsory learning activities
- Formal presence no less than 80% attendance.
- Active participation in groupwork, lectures and workshops.
- Written assignments
- One group (1) project
Part 1: Practical group exam. Weighting 70%.
Part 2: Individual written exam. Weighting 30%.
Grading scale: A - F
Examination support material
All printed and written support material allowed, including video-material from internet.
Technical equipment such as light and sound for stage, film and/or video, camera use.More about examination support material