BCAPRA1 Community Arts Professional Training 1
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
Field study and professional training are central elements in this program. The focus is to give you as a student a versatile experience that will enable you to work as a community artist at various arenas. The practice has a natural progression from being an observer to planning and leading activities on your own.
Professional training will be integrated in the different subjects. The student must plan and make arrangement for placements by themselves, as this is part of the training. HVL must approve all placements and will assist in finalising the contracts.
The first year professional training will focus on observation and will include:
- Community Arts-safari
- Experiencing art-based activities in and around Bergen and Stord
- Has knowledge of different observation methods
- Has knowledge about ways of working with the Arts in Community Arts activities
- Has basic skills in observation and can critically reflect on others work
- Has relevant communication and relational skills
- Can facilitate the development of peoples basic skills in working with the practical and aesthetic subjects
Professional training, 10 days
Compulsory learning activities