ING5002D Master Thesis
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
The thesis must be an individual work in which the candidate shows that he / she has the ability to independently specialization in a narrowly defined field. The project is concluded with a written report.
- analyze relevant fire safety problem restructuring based on different information from previous studies and work in the relevant field
- an update their knowledge in the field
- have an overview of recent international literature and scientific works that are relevant to the thesis
- can account for research and development in the field
- can apply relevant scientific methods to analyze the problem relate critically to different sources of information
- can investigate the problem and discuss their results and conclusion in relation to the relevant literature
- can carry out an independent limited research work
- have the ability to reflect and critically evaluate their own work
- analyze academic and research ethical issues
- can convey extensive independent research work
- can explain the status of research and development in this field and carry out an independent, bounded thesis
The student must have passed 40 of 60 credits from the theoretical part of the master program. ING 4004 Advanced Fire Dynamics is a mandatory prerequisite course.
Recommended previous knowledge
The previous theoretical part at 60 ECTS
Thesis work can utilize various scientific working dependent nature of the task. The results will be summarized in a report.
Compulsory learning activities
Presentation of ongoing master thesis on a seminar day during a master week (teaching week) during spring semester the year the thesis will be delivered.
The presentation lasts for 10 min with additional 5 min of questions from the audience afterwards. The presentation should contain topic (problem statement), progression, and challenges that has come up during work with the thesis.
The assessment is based on the submitted thesis.
Grade: A - E / passed; F / failed.
Examination support material
All, however the thesis must be an independent achievmentMore about examination support material
- ING5002 - Master Thesis - Reduction: 60 studypoints