SDG237 Sustainable Supply Chain Management
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
The course focuses on the supply chain decisions, how they affect the success of a firm and discusses the important decisions to be addressed. Understanding strategic fit including achieving sustainable development goals (SDG) is one of the major keys to success of a supply chain and how this can be achieved using different drivers and levers. The course contents also present tools for designing, planning, operations, communication and coordination within the value chains, as well as relevant logistics technical solutions. The theoretical knowledge from this, as well as from previous logistics subjects, will further be "practiced" through work on a group-based semester assignment. The overall goal of the course is to provide students with knowledge and understanding of the necessity of holistic thinking and effective interaction between the actors in the supply chain.
The course is a part of the The Norwegian West Coast SDG Educational Initiative at The Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences: Sustainable Economics, Management and Innovations (SEMI).
- challenges related to supply chain management
- the need for overall thinking and good flow in the supply chain
- the importance of information sharing and interaction between the chain players
- Regulations, norms, and risks in relation to sustainable development goals (SDG)
- practical application of theories and models for supply chain planning and analysis
- to be able to use relevant analytical techniques in supply chain management.
- use relevant SDG in understanding a supply chain in business or public organizations.
- on SDG
- principles of triple bottom line
- other important global initiatives on product footprint, documentation and
Recommended previous knowledge
Introductory course in Logistics/ Supply Chain Management
Classroom teaching, group work and semester assignment work
Compulsory learning activities
2 group-based mandatory work requirement must be passed before the exam can be taken
Approved work requirements are valid during the exam semester and 3 subsequent semesters
Time and place for the oral examination will be announced through Canvas.
Grading scale is A-F where F is fail.
Examination support material
NoneMore about examination support material