Tone Elin Mekki
Field of work
Field of work
I teach, research and collaborate with municipal stakeholders related to innovation and implementation of evidence- based practices in the municipal health service. I am particularly interested in exploring the structural and cultural conditions that can contribute to the health and care services being perceived as good and person-centered both for those who receive and those who provide the services.
I am a nurse by training, and hold postgraduate degrees in nursing and education. I did my Phd work in the field of implementation science studying promoting and hindering conditions for knowledge translation in nursing homes.
Current reseach and development work
- Project manager for EISEN - European Implementation Education Science Network, an Erasmus + KA 2 project funded by EU
- Project manager for the Norwegian triple Helix collaboration between Western Norway University of applied Sciences (HVL), Vaksdal municipality and Norwegian Smart Care Cluster in DISH - Digital & Innovation Skills Helix in Health, an Erasmus + Sector Skills Alliance project funded by the EU
- Member of the steering group for Lev Vel i Vaksdal, Vaksdal municipality
- Member of the Knowledge Utilization Colloqia - an international research network of implementation researchers from Northern Europe, North America, Canada and Australia
- Member of PcP ICOP - The International Community of Practice for Person-centered Practice
Person-centredness – the ‘state’ of the art