NORCHILD strengthens the kindergarten and education sector through talent development and training of transferable skills.
NORDCHILD (Norwegian Research School for Early Childhood Education) envisions its impact ramifications along five main dimensions:
- For the PhD candidates: NORDCHILD will give them the opportunity to take high-quality courses that give a stronger sense of work life focus and, at the same time, a stronger research identity to ECEC (Early Childhood Education and Care) knowledge workers. NORCHILD will give PhD candidates—regardless of which institution they are affiliated with—access to broad professional networks nationally and internationally. NORCHILD will furnish a network for Norwegian PhD C, one that is important for future research collaborations in a geographical spread and sparsely populated country.
NORCHILD’s network will especially have added value to small institutions.
- For the doctoral programmes: NORCHILD will strengthen the portfolio of ECEC research and enhance the understanding of the participating institutions’ doctoral programmes and profiles for better-tailored committees, reviews, joint educational programmes and evaluations.
- For the teacher education faculties: NORDCHILD will connect fragmented research milieus and establish closer relations. NORDCHILD will provide a meeting place that enables the spread of knowledge and closer collaboration across ECEC TED. This will be useful for disseminating research publications and for generating better opportunities for sharing knowledge and expertise. of the participating institutions’ doctoral programmes and profiles for better-tailored committees, reviews, joint educational programmes and evaluations.
- For the ECEC work life sector: NORDCHILD will bridge the gap among fragmented milieus within authority, leadership and organisation. Through the establishment of an ECEC network that includes and connects ECEC stakeholders across authorities in the municipalities and the academia, a systemic approach to children’s holistic development and education for sustainability will be strengthened.
- For societies at large: NORCHILD will address innovation and transferable skills relevant for both private and public sectors. Quality early childhood education and what will be valuable knowledge in future societies will be the main focus. By addressing both regional and national needs while considering Nordic traditions and research and the global situation for children, families and education, the research school will make visible the international connections and perspectives that are often overlooked by researchers and the society at large.
For more information, please read Om NORBARN.