CHACDOC-Bergen 2019, May 22-24
Cultural-Historical Approaches to Children’s Development and Childhood
The theme of the meeting:
Exploration in Early Childhood Education
The aims of the CHACDOC conference are:
- To place children as explorative, creative, responsible, ethical and productive members of the world at large, as well as reflect on how ECE can equip children to meet and manage future challenges in life.
- To study young children as active learners within their local settings rather than as participants in culture free learning environments.
- To study young children's learning in different nations with different traditions related to family life and community life.
- To study how local traditions and conditions influence children's learning and development
- To discuss and reflect on how explorative learning in early childhood can be anchored in local pratice and at the same time give children competences to become oriented to the global world
- To discuss and reflect on how children's explorative activity and play contribute to learning that prepares them for life and school
All presentations will focus on national traditions, institutional practice and children's development in different part of the world.
- Professor Marilyn Fleer and Associate Professor Liang Li, Monash University, Australia
- Professor Lasse Lipponnen, Helsinki University, Finland
- Professor Elin Eriksen Ødegaard and Associate Professor Liv Torunn Grindheim, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
All participants are obliged to be members of ISCAR, since the CHACDOC-meetings are supported by ISCAR.
Call for abstract for either presentation or poster
Participants are invited to present their research in either a parallel presentation (60 minutes for 3 presenters; 15 minutes each and 15 minutes discussion of the three presentations) or as a poster presentation. There will be time in the program for roundtable discussions of topics related to the poster presentations.
Important dates and information
September 2018 - Call for abstract
November 2018 - Registration online
January 17, 2019 - Proposal submission deadline
February 1, 2019 - Notifications of acceptance
March 25, 2019 - Deadline for registration
May 22, 2019 (Wednesday) - Open day, registration and evening reception with music, tapas and networking
May 23, 2019 - CHACDOC program all day (dinner in the city)
May 24, 2019 - CHACDOC program all day (ends 15:15)