Tunnel Fire Safety
Tunnel fires are a serious threat to human life and can also have severe economic consequences.
We build knowledge to understand and mitigate the tunnel fires and its consequences.
Some of our principal research areas are:
- Understanding fires in tunnels through experimentation and numerical simulations
- Evacuation modeling to formulate optimum evacuation strategies for different fire scenarios
- Applications of newer technologies to make tunnels secure from fires
- Social and economic implications of tunnel fires
- Tunnel fire risk prevention and mitigation