When applying for admission to certain study programmes, you must provide evidence of your academic achievements and skills in English.
You need a certificate from one of the following tests:
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) with at least 6.0 points. The IELTS test result cannot be more than two years old when you apply for admission.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with at least 550 points for Paper-based test (PBT), 213 points for Computer-based test (CBT), or at least 80 points for Internet-based test (IBT). We do not accept TOEFL My Best Score to meet our English language requirements. The TOEFL test result cannot be more than two years old when you apply for admission.
- Pearson PTE Academic with an overall score of at least 59.
You hand in your certificates as follows:
You can upload the official copy of your test result in Søknadsweb. Note that the TFR number in the bottom right corner must be legible. Western Norway University of Applied Sciences will verify your test result online.
Your test results must be original and sent to us directly from the test center by post and can be mailed to the following address:
Høgskulen på Vestlandet, Admission, Postboks 7030, 5020 Bergen, Norway
In addition, upload a PDF of your score report in Søknadsweb.
Pearson PTE Academic:
Send your score report to Western Norway University of Applied Sciences through your Pearson account. In addition, upload a PDF of your score report in Søknadsweb.
You normally do not have to document your skills in English if you have:
- completed a university degree in English at a university in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
- completed at least a 3-year degree in English in an EU/EEA country
- an upper secondary education and a bachelor’s degree from a Nordic country, issued or ongoing if you are currently enrolled in the last semester. But you must include the school-leaving certificate of your upper secondary education to your application.