Admission for single PhD courses RESINNREG
Courses related to the PhD program Responsible Innovation and Regional Development (RESINNREG) are primarily for candidates who are admitted to the PhD program, but will also be open to other applicants.
Apply for single courses
Course schedule Spring 2023
- PHDINN903 Understanding and Exploring Innovation Teaching periode January 31 to February 3, 2023, campus Bergen. Application deadline: December 12.
- PHDINN904 Doing Responsible Innovation. Teaching dates will be announced. Campus Bergen. Application deadline: February 1.
Admission to the PhD courses normally requires a relevant Master’s degree such as a Master of Science in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, in Innovation Management, in Community Work, in Business, or in Climate Management. However, candidates from other Master Programmes in e.g. Engineering, Social Sciences, Humanities, or in Health and Care Sciences, may also qualify for admission into the programme.
The applicant must document completion of their master’s studies with strong results. A grade of B or higher (according to the Norwegian grading scale) on the master’s dissertation, and an average higher than C on associated coursework, are normally required for admission into the programme.
When the number of applicants for PhD courses exceeds the admission capacity, the following criteria for ranking applicants will be used:
- PhD candidates in the RESINNREG programme
- PhD candidates participating in other PhD programs at HVL
- PhD candidates from other collaborative projects (not PHDINN905)
- Applicants from other PhD programme outside HVL (not PHDINN905)
- Other applicants with a minimum master’s degree (not PHDINN905)
Requirement for documentation
In order for your application to be processed, you will need to upload the necessary documentation.
Are you admitted to a PhD program at HVL or are a PhD candidate at HVL's active collaborative institutions. Please attach relevant documentation.
If you are a scientific employee at HVL who participates in a scholarship scheme for qualification, please attach relevant documentation.
If you are employed by HVL with a relevant master, you attach documentation on employment and diploma.
If you are applying with a relevant master, you attach a diploma.
Note that you must upload documentation even if you have applied to HVL before. You are responsible for ensuring that we have the correct documentation for your application. You may be asked to present original documentation both during the admission process and during the study. Incorrect or misleading information may cause you to lose your right to complete your education.
Reply to application
You will receive a response to the application as soon as it is processed.