NAB1019 Norwegian Project Y-vei
Course description for academic year 2018/2019
Contents and structure
In Norsk prosjekt Y-veg the students will get an introduction to the communication process and what characterises good communication in a maritime context. The students will be taught in the most important written genres within their field of study, and of what can prevent communication from reaching the audience in different situations.
Students will be taught in language as a tool for good communication and syntax, grammar and basic writing rules. They will also get to know linguistic, stylistic and graphic instruments. They will be taught in how to work in a group.
- has knowledge of the communication process and what characterises good communication
- is able to use the language as a tool for good communication
- has knowledge of syntax, grammar and basic writing rules
- has knowledge of linguistic, stylistic and graphic instruments
- has knowledge of the most important written genres within their field of study
- is able to create and implement written and oral presentations
- is able to write within genres that belong to the maritime context, e.g. abstracts, reports and academic texts
- is able to find, assess and refer to information and subject matter and present the information so that it highlights a problem
- should master relevant communication tools, techniques and forms of expressions
- is able to convey work related theories, issues and solutions, both orally and in writing and through other relevant forms of expressions
- is able to reflect upon their own professional practice and adjust this under guidance
- is able to exchange views and experiences with others within the maritime industry, and by such contribute to development of good practice
Recommended previous knowledge
Lectures with student activities, written and oral assignments and presentations. Group work.
The student chooses either bokmål or nynorsk as his or her language variant.
Compulsory learning activities
Written exam. 5 hours.
Examination support material
DictionaryMore about examination support material