PL418 Local Development Planning
Course description for academic year 2020/2021
Contents and structure
- Local development plans as instrument in physical planning.
- Consultation and public participation in planning processes.
- How to analyze the planning site.
- The planning of residential areas.
- Coursing in how to make digital maps.
- Local development plans
- Planning processes.
- Requirements for content and how to make development plans
- Be able to analyze a planning site adapted to the planning situation
- Be able to draw up simple development plans for residential areas.
- Be able to make digital maps
- Know when develop plans are required
- Understand develop plans
- Be able to participate in planning processes
Recommended previous knowledge
PL 412, PL 416 Landscape Analysis and PL 417 Physical Planning is recommended.
Lectures and exercises. Project work.
Compulsory learning activities
Approved course in GISLINE (digital maps) and making a digital map of a plan. Map must be approved to be able to participate in the project assignment (exam).
Participate in a meeting during the project assignment.
Project work i groups of 3-4 students.
The group may deliver an improved project if failed or for a new attempt on passed grade.
Grading A-E/F (fail).
- PL419 - Reguleringsplanar og analyser - Reduction: 4 studypoints
- PL433 - Innføring i arealplanlegging - Reduction: 4 studypoints