BCA201V Artistic Expression and Practice in Communities 1 - Visual Art
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
This course is an introduction to visual art in the community. You will gain basic experience with community work through observation and participation in different community activities. Your competence will be developed through practical training and theory. Visual art didactics is an integrated part of this course.
- Has basic knowledge of the diversity of local, national and art forms and cultures.
- Has basic knowledge about working with visual art and communication in activities in the communities.
- Has basic knowledge of relevant topics and practices in research relating to community art practice.
- Has basic knowledge of visual art as a social, political and cultural phenomenon, tradition and historical development.
- Can observe, describe and reflect on visual art activities in the community.
- Can present ideas for visual art activities and relate this to theory on community art.
- understands how visual creative work can challenge one’s senses, engage emotions, and activates the body.
- understands how visual art can contribute to personal growth
Workshops, seminars, lectures, practical work in the studio, both individual and group-based work, professional training.
Compulsory learning activities
This course contains compulsory teaching activities which will be specified in the course schedule at semester start.
Two weeks professional training. See plan for Professional training in Community Arts for details.
A written assignment
Oral presentation. Grade: Pass / fail