BCA301V Into Visual Art
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
This course is an introduction to visual arts (fine art, design and craft) and art history. You will gain experience with varied working methods and different materials and techniques. Working in the studio is a central part of this course.
Your competence will be developed through practical training and experience by using the creative process as a learning method.
Through this course you will gain insight into both analogue and digital techniques relevant for working with visual art.
Visual art didactics and environmental issues is an integrated part of this course.
- has knowledge of relevant materials, techniques and tools
- has basic knowledge of how to handle and maintain tools and materials
- Has basic knowledge of the diversity of local, national and global art forms and cultures,
- Has basic knowledge of relevant didactic issues
- Has basic knowledge of environmental issues in relation to choice of materials and techniques
- can use a range of techniques and tools to gain artistic expression
- can use digital technology as a tool in the artistic practise
- Can use the visual language as a part of the creative process and to communicate ideas
- has basic understanding of how visual art and the creative process can challenge one’s senses, engage emotions and activates the body.
- Can communicate with peers and professionals using visual art terminology
Workshops, seminars, lectures, practical work in the studio, both individual and group-based work.
Compulsory learning activities
Material costs for this course is 300 NOK.
- Compulsory attendance is a requirement for parts of this course and will be presented in the course schedule at semester start.
- An oral presentation
- A written assignment
Portfolio assessment (practical work with documentation)
Grading scale A - F