MARE560 Independent Study Course
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
Independent study course provides students with an opportunity to conduct an intensive study of a specific topic or research question of their particular interest related to ageing and rehabilitation. The course may also be used to study and write the theoretical framework for the master thesis. This is a self-directed study course that is conducted under the supervision of a faculty member. The independent study course has to be arranged, planned and managed by a supervising faculty member with whom the student develops learning goals and outcomes, agree on the details of the assessment, and sign off the written course outline documenting these details.
Learning outcomes are to be defined and approved by the student and the supervising faculty member. A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
Knowledge: The student...
- has advanced knowledge of theories, practice, research issues in a specific field of healthy ageing and rehabilitation globally
Skills: The student...
- can analyse and critically examine a specific field of healthy ageing and rehabilitation globally
- can apply knowledge to a specific field of healthy ageing and rehabilitation globally
General competence: The student...
- can communicate effectively issues related to the selected topic
Recommended previous knowledge
To be defined and approved by the student and the supervising faculty member.
Compulsory learning activities
The following course requirements must be approved in order to take the exam:
1) Revised reading list for the course
2) Plan for the written assignment (500 words)
Approved course requirements are valid for four subsequent semesters.
A written, individual term paper, 3000 words +/- 10%
Grading scale: The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
New exam: When the grade F (not passed) is given, the students can improve their term paper and hand it in for the new exam.
Examination support material
No limitations.More about examination support material