PCS991 Selected topics in computer science
Course description for academic year 2022/2023
Contents and structure
The course deals with current topics in computer science, and its content will vary from time to time the course is taught.
Each curriculum must be approved by the PhD programme committee before the course is offered.
Upon completion of the course, the candidate …
- has state-of-the-art knowledge on concepts, methods, and technology platforms in the topics covered by the special curriculum.
- can contribute to the development of scientific knowledge and engineering methods in the topics covered by the special curriculum
- can formulate research hypotheses, plan, and carry out independent theoretical- and applied research work in the topics covered by the special curriculum.
- can review research work, and relate it to the forefront of knowledge in the topics covered by the special curriculum
General competence .
- can participate in research discussions and research collaboration in the topics covered by the special curriculum
General admission criteria for the PhD programme.
There are 2 hours of organised activities every week. The teaching schedule may be reorganized into intensive sessions. Total lecture time 30 hours for 5 ECTS.
Compulsory learning activities
Small assignments with announced deadlines.
Project work to be part of final evaluation.
The course is graded pass/fail based on a research paper or a project report, and an oral exam. Each of the two components must result in a pass grade in order to obtain a pass grade for the entire course.
Examination support material
NoneMore about examination support material