ELE118 Networking Technology
Course description for academic year 2021/2022
Contents and structure
The course covers topics related to the design, development, and configuration of IP based networks. Both theoretical and laboratory activities are components in the course.
The following topics are covered:
- Routers: Design, connectivity, IP addressing and subnetting, configuring routers, routing protocols, and the use of these in networks
- Switching: the role of switches in networks, design, configuration of L2 switches
- WAN technologies
- Introduction to IPv6 technologies
The candidate have fundamental knowledge about methods and technics used to develop, maintain and manage data networks.
- The candidate can use routers, switchers and related technologies to implement small data networks.
- The candidate master fundamental methods used to plan, implement and troubleshoot small data networks.
- The candidate can work with engineer related projects independently or in cooperation with others.
- The candidate has competence and skills to develop, maintain and manage small data networks.
The candidate can communicate information related to technical network theories, issues and solutions.
Recommended previous knowledge
Basic network knowledge.
Compulsory learning activities
10 laboratory assignments and 10 chapter tests.
Valid mandatory assignments are valid in 3 semesters following approval.
4 hours written exam. The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Examination support material
No aids.More about examination support material