Study plan - English One Year Unit
The one-year course is at the same level and scope as a one-year 100-level course in English at the Universities. The course qualifies for teaching of English in primary and secondary schools.
English deals with communication and knowledge, and has an aesthetic dimension. These elements are central in the course.
- has knowledge of the distinctiveness, development and legitimacy of the English subject.
- has academic and didactic knowledge to perform key work activities associated with teaching
- has knowledge of language learning and teaching, linguistics (phonetics and grammar), a selection of literature from English-speaking countries and American and British culture and society.
- has knowledge of the theoretical and research-related basis for different principles for language instructions suitable for different age groups and the management and implementation of these.
- is able to plan, prepare, implement and critically assess teaching in English based on applicable framework conditions.
- is able to act as a language and knowledge-related role model in the English subject.
- is able to further develop their own and others' attitudes, knowledge and skills.
- is able to understand, exercise and develop their own professionalism.
- is able to analytically and critically assess how the English subject contributes to independent development and general education.
- is able to communicate with any pupils, parents and colleagues on key issues associated with the English subject.