Teaching and courses offered to researchers
The library introduces useful topics to those who research, write and publish.
The library offers sessions, courses and workshops on a number of topics. In addition to the scheduled sessions and workshops listed below, research groups, institutes and faculties are welcome to get in touch and invite us to their meetings. We can also tailor courses for you. We look forward to cooperating with you further.
Topics we offer
- Resources for researchers: Google Scholar, Publons, Scopus, Web of Science, Research Gate
- Literature searching: Where to search and how to do it
- Reference management: Building your own article archive
- Open publishing of research data
- Academic writing
- The Vancouver recommendations for authorship
- The publishing process (publication channels, peer review)
- Open Access / APC
- Plan S
- The Cristin system and publication points
- Research evaluation: Norwegian publication indicator, citations, journal impact factor, H-index
Shut up & write
Join our regular writing sessions every Friday before lunch! To schedule your writing is essential in order to get your papers done. It is also easier to concentrate when you write together with others. Finally, it is a nice way of meeting your colleagues.
Information and updates will be given via our Facebook group Shut up and write for PhD candidates HVL - please join!
During Spring 2023 we offer the following every Friday:
- Sogndal: "Skriki" from 9:00 on
- Stord: Room UND204, 9:00-12:00
- Bergen: D130 9:00-12:00
In addition, we offer an hybrid option for those working at home, other campuses etc. Please follow this link at Fridays around 9.