ING3054 Project Work in Interdisciplinary Teams
Course description for academic year 2017/2018
Contents and structure
The course prepares students to participate in interdisciplinary teams solving common problems and tasks. The method emphasizes on the establishing and specifying the management of project work and the conditions that have to be satisfied in order to succeed in the actual implementation.
As introduction some fundamental terms, methods and considerations regarding to establishment and implementation of project work are made, followed by a description of teamwork, focusing on team roles and how these roles affect the team's work.
- Is able to explain the important terms and methods to define, refine and specify project work.
- Systems Thinking
- Stakeholders and Requirements
- Top-down and Bottom-up considerations
- Life cycle perspectives
- Information models
- Is able to explain the characteristic of a self- managed team.
- Characteristics and feature in different roles
- Combination of the team
- Analysis and assessment of the team
- Is able to use concepts and methods in defining and specifying project work.
- Can participate constructively in team work, knows his/her competences and how to compensate deficiencies.
- Is able to present solutions in a clear and understandable way to persons who don¿t have special knowledge in the field.
- Is able to assess the combination of a team and suggest how the team will be strengthened and balanced.
- Knows that effective solutions require cooperation and efforts across disciplines.
- Knows that effective solutions have to satisfy social, environmental, economical and technical operating parameters.
Recommended previous knowledge
Lectures, case-based tasks, teamwork.
The study arrangement is case-based, concentrated on 2-3 time limited tasks. For each task the students form independent teams with participants from different disciplines.
- Presentated initially by the representative of projects in the region.
- Represents an area that is important for the business in the region.
- Represents a key focus area for the college.
- Requires involvement of all disciplines represented among the students
Compulsory learning activities
Yes (will be specified in the course plan by semester start).
Portfolio, accounts for 100 % of the final grade.
Portfolio with group assignments handed in during the semester, and individual written test.
Grade: A - E / passed; F / failed.
Examination support material
-More about examination support material