DAT152 Advanced Web Applications
Course description for academic year 2019/2020
Contents and structure
Students will learn how to design and program complete web applications. There will be a focus on user experience, accessibility, security, architecture and the choice of technology. Different frameworks for developing Web applications will be presented.
- Web application security
- Universal design of web applications. HTML5, WAI-ARIA.
- Using existing, and developing of proprietary tag library for server side
- Architecture and framework for globalization, internationalization, and localization
- Frameworks for authorization and user management
- Modern framework for developing web applications
- The REST architectural style for using HTTP
After completing the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the communication between client and server in a web application
- Explain how Ajax can be used in Web applications
- Explain the basic principles behind REST-based architecture
- Identify potential vulnerabilities in web applications
- Explain the principles of universal design of web applications
- Explain different architectures and frameworks for developing web applications
- Explain the REST architectural style using HTTP
- Programming solutions where Ajax is used
- Programming for security and universal accessibility
- Apply and develop tag library for server side
- Develop applications based on REST
- Find and use information from relevant sources to solve specific problems
Recommended previous knowledge
DAT108 Programming and web applications, or equivalent courses.
Lectures, exercises and project work in groups.
Teaching materials are in English, lectures in English or Norwegian. All exercises must be answered in English.
Compulsory learning activities
4 compulsory exercises must be completed (within the given deadlines) and approved before the exam can be taken.
Approved exercises also give access to postponed examination the following semester. However, before a new postponed exam can be taken (the next time the subject is taught), new exercises must be delivered.
4 hour written examination.
Exam will be given in English but may be answered in Norwegian or English.
Time and place for the examination will be announced at Studentweb and digital assessment system.
The examination is digital and the students bring their own computer. The software used for the examination must be installed and tested before the examination.
Grading scale is A-F where F is fail.
If there are few registered students, the exam may be oral.
Examination support material
In case of digital exam only text editor can be used.More about examination support material
- TOD141 - Programutvikling for internett - Reduction: 10 studypoints