MMO5012 Profile project
Course description for academic year 2019/2020
Contents and structure
The Profile project course is a master course for students who holds a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or nautical science and has completed the course ING2049 or equivalent.
The student will here have the possibility to go deeper into a problem related to offshore or subsea operations. The problem statement is defined by the student, and can be related to the student's own ideas, it can be a part of an ongoing project within HVL, or it can be part of a cooperation with the local industry. The Profile Project can be used as a preproject for the master thesis.
- Has advanced knowledge in the academic field of subsea or offshore operations.
- Has specialized insight in subsea or offhore operations and its processes.
- Can apply knowledge to new areas related to subsea and offshore operations.
- Can structure and write a project report.
- Can choose suitable research methods for examining and analyzing a problem statement related to offshore or subsea operations.
- Can deal critically with variuos sources of information within the subsea or offshore field and use them to structure and formulate relevant scholarly arguments.
- Can communicate about academic issues, analyses and conclusions related to subsea or offshore operations with both specialists and the general public.
- Can apply their knowledge and skills and carry out projects related to the subsea or offshore field.
- Masters language and terminology within the subsea or offshore fields.
Bachelor of mechanical engineering or nautical science and the course ING2049 Underwater Technology and Hydraulic Systems
Recommended previous knowledge
Project work, guided self study.
Compulsory learning activities
Deliver outline of Profile Project.
Examination support material
All available helping aids allowed.More about examination support material