NAB3040 Maritime Health, Safety and Environment
Course description for academic year 2021/2022
Contents and structure
The course will introduce the students with various aspects of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) on board the vessels and in the shipping companies, including how the work with HSE is an organizational tool for the prudent operation of the vessels. The course covers topics such as the working environment, the external environment, safety and preparedness management and methods for risk analysis.
- Has broad knowledge of risk factors related to health and safety on board vessels.
- Has broad knowledge of theories and models related to safety and preparedness management.
- Has broad knowledge of methods for risk analysis.
- Has knowledge of research and development work in the field of HSE.
- Can update his/her professional knowledge within HSE.
- Can apply professional knowledge and relevant results from research and development work on practical issues related to HSE.
- Can plan and carry out different types of risk analysis.
- Can find, evaluate and refer to relevant information and subject matter.
- Reflect on own professional practice in an HSE perspective.
- Have insight into relevant academic and ethical issues related to HSE work.
- Communicate central subjects such as theories and problem formulations.
- Can plan and carry out work operations with the consideration of HSE.
- Can contribute to the development of good HSE practices in the shipping companies.
Lectures and Group work.
Compulsory learning activities
Written assignment and oral presentation.
Written exam, 5 hrs.
Examination support material
None.More about examination support material
- NAB2013 - Tryggleiksleiing - Reduction: 5 studypoints
- NABP3005 - Helse, arbeidsmiljø og sikkerheit - Reduction: 10 studypoints