MOØ234 Innovation Management in Corporate Business
Course description for academic year 2023/2024
Contents and structure
The course consists of two interrelated parts.
- One part focus on innovation in established firms and will introduce students to different models and concepts to innovation management, innovation strategies, innovation processes and characteristics of innovative corporate organizations.
- The other part of the course introduces students to corporate startup thinking and new business development processes. Key topics will be the development and analysis of innovative business ideas, business models/-plans, strategies and the inportance of the right culture within the organization.
The course will prepare and encourage students to become more aware of different sustainable innovative models and practises in corporate business.
The course will provide useful answers and solutions to the complex question: How established corporates can innovate smart, effective and sustainable.
Students will acquire knowledge of:
- Innovation management theories, strategies, and business models
- How to create-test-learn, scale and grow business ideas from exploration vs exploitation phases to innovation ecosystems
- Different types of collaborations between established organizations and startups
- Innovation accounting
Admission requirements for the master programme (MIL)
Methods applied: lectures, quest lectures, videos, student’s presentations, case examples and open discussions. Teachers will give written feedback on on the mandatory partial submissions.
Compulsory learning activities
Students are required to work in small groups writing their semester paper, in which they apply the theoretical framework of Innovation Ecosystem by analyzing an organization by their own choice. During the semester, the students are required to:
- Hand-in two preliminary versions of their papers. These mandatory submissions must be approved before handing in their final term paper.
- Hand in the final submission of their semester paper. The paper must be approved for the student to do the oral exam.
A group based oral exam.
Time and place announced in Canvas.
Grading scale is A-F, where F is fail
Examination support material
NoneMore about examination support material
- MSB108 - Innovation Management and The Corporate Startup - Reduction: 10 studypoints