About the project
The EX-PED-LAB project is funded by the Research Council of Norway, and is led by the Western Norway University of Applied Sciences. We have two municipalities and a foundation that owns kindergartens, as well as artists and design researchers.
The goal of the EX-PED-LAB is to show how the use of the workshop method can create innovation in pedagogical practice in kindergarten and kindergarten teacher education.
EX-PED-LAB will provide a broad empirical basis for a workshop methodology for collaboration on exploration, new knowledge and pedagogical innovation. Central to the project is the collaboration on the design of a new kindergarten in Bergen, as well as an idea bank for inspiration and use in practical kindergarten work and in competence building in the kindergarten sector.
Main reserch question: What are the success criteria, tensions and pitfalls for the workshop methodology EX-PED-LAB that leads to pedagogical innovation, knowledge and transformative learning among the players?
- Coordinator: KINDknow - Kindergarten Knowledge Centre for Systemic Research on Diversity and Sustainable Futures - Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (hvl.no)
- Bergen kommune
- Kinn kommune
- Kanvas Stiftelsen
- Designskolen Kolding
In addition to the formal partner organisations, EX-PED-LAB cooperates with 8 kindergartens from Kinn kommune, Bergen kommune and Kanvas.
- Gullstølsbotn barnehage (Bergen kommune)
- Klosteret barnehage (Bergen kommune)
- Sandslimarka barnehage (Kanvas)
- Solheimslien barnehage (Bergen kommune)
- Sollien barnehage (Bergen kommune)
- Søre skogvei barnehage (Bergen kommune)
- Torvmyrane barnehage (Kinn kommune)
- Storevatn barnehage (Kinn kommune
Researchers and artists