Master in Fire Safety - part time
Are you interested in a unique master's degree program concerning Fire Safety? Do you want to contribute to a more fire safe society? With a master's degree in Fire Safety you will have the competence to handle advanced and complex fire safety issues! We offer a Master's program in Fire Safety Engineering as one of only eight institutions in the world.
Fire Safety is becoming more and more important in today's society, and the need for knowledge and competence in this field is increasing rapidly.
The primary objective of this master's program is to provide industry and society with highly qualified candidates who through in-depth knowlede in the field can contribute to a more fire safe society. One of the most important aspects in this context is measures to reduce risks related to major accidents. The master's program is organized in close contact with industry partners focusing particularly on fire technical issues.
The master's program covers the following main topics:
- Measures (barriers) to prevent ignition and fire.
- Understanding of different scenarios for fire- and smoke development
- Modelling of fire- and smoke development, egress and risk to people, property and the environment
- Fire safety design
- Fire safety risk assessment
- Human behavior in fire and evacuation
- Fire prevention in businesses and municipality
- Communication and accident investigation
If you take the education part-time, you have the opportunity to combine your studies with a job. The part-time education has the same content, teaching arrangements and admission requirements as the full-time education, but you take the courses over 8 semesters instead of 4.
The primary language of instruction is English. The work is organized through lectures, seminars, group work, project work and presentations.
Where can I travel?