Field of work
I am an ecologist with particular interest in plants, both wild and domesticated. That's why I do field work and research both in the cultural landscape, in urban areas, in the mountains and in the forest.
Focussing on how human activity impacts the environment, I want to contribute to sustainable development through wise use, restoration and conservation of biodiversity. Some of my projects focus on:
- Green infrastructure in and around small urban areas (Surround)
- How climate affects bilberry, and forest vegetation (student project)
- Ecological restoration of alpine hydropower related spoil heaps (Release)
- Ecological restoration of semi-natural grasslands
- Use of wild plants in gardens, road verges etc.
- Invasive alien species - particularly sitka spruce in W Norway (Sitka)
I teach in the bachelor program Landskapsplanlegging med landskapsarkitektur and the master program Climate change management.
In addition, I write regularly in the popular science blog Vill vest (in Norwegian)
- BI424 Botany
- BI434 Vegetation Ecology
- ME4-300 Theory of Science, Scientific Writing and Data analyses
- Restoration of semi-natural grasslands and alpine areas
- Invasive alien species
- Vegetation ecology
- Semi-natural grasslands
- Urban green infrastructure
Natur som treng kultur-korleis kan vi restaurere og ta vare på kulturbetinga naturtypar?
European soil seed bank communities across a climate and land-cover gradient