Sustainable Economics, Management and Innovations
The Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences invites you to apply for a wide range of courses to acquire new knowledge on around ethics and sustainable development relevant to the delivery of the UN's SDGs.
In 2015, the UN adopted the The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This agenda sets 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), and all nations are challenged to react urgently to address them.
The UN initiative states that “ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.”
Institutions for higher education and research have an important role in meeting these goals through their work in teaching, critical research and dissemination.
At Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL), we have made sustainability one of our three strategic priorities.
The Norwegian West Coast Educational Initiative on SDG is a cooperation between the Department of Social Science, the Department of Maritime Studies and the Department of Business Administration at the Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences.
The Norwegian West Coast SDG Educational Initiative
Autumn 2023, campus Sogndal
- OR1000 International Cross-Cultural Management, 10 ECT
- SA206 Culture, Identity and Global Crises, 10 ECT
- BØA3200 Sustainable economics, environment, wealth and distribution in a Nordic context, 10 ECT
Autumn 2023, campus Haugesund
Business and maritime management in a sustainable world is an interdisciplinary course package, combining business administration and maritime management with a sustainable focus. This semester will provide you with qualifications within the area of entrepreneurship, shipping economics and leadership within maritime organizations.
- ØKB3130 Sustainable shipping economics, 10 ECT
- NAB3042 Leadership in sustainable maritime operations, 10 ECT
- ØKB2117 Entrepreneurship, 10 ECT
Autumn 2023, campus Bergen
- SDG332 Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development, 10 ECT
- SDG234 Innovation, Change Management and Sustainability, 10 ECT
- SDG331 History of Technology and Business in perspective of sustainability, 10 ECT
Spring 2023, campus Bergen
The courses for spring 2023 can be combined to a 30 ECT semester program. The setup of the courses is optional.
- SDG230 Distributive justice and taxation, 10 ECT
- SDG335 Green Digitalization and App Development, 10 ECT
- SDG332 Introduction to Environmental Economics, 10 ECT
Spring 2023, campus Haugesund
- ØKB2121 International Marketing, 10 ECTS
- ØKB2123 Corporate Strategy, 7,5 ECTS
- ØKB3129 Sustainable business in Scandinavia, 10 ECTS
- ØKB2113 Urban and regional economics 7,5 ECTS
How to apply
Exchange students form our partner universities are welcome to use the normal procedure to apply for student exchange to HVL, and then choose these courses when accepted.
There is no tuition fee for the program, but students must be prepared to cover their own expenses (travel, accommodation etc).