Diversity and Inclusion
Key questions for research are how kindergartens and schools can facilitate individual needs without simultaneously segregate and stigmatize, and how kindergartens and schools can develop a working community without simultaneously ignoring individual differences.
The research field “Diversity and Inclusion” is constantly evolving, both nationally and internationally, and it is linked to central institutions and political documents in education policy. The research field is comprised of several academic traditions and research areas, such as special education, multiculturalism, gender and ethnicity, and socio-economic and socio-cultural differences. Research group members have experience and qualifications in all these academic traditions and research fields.
Our main objective is to assist kindergartens and schools in the region with research-based skills through seminars and lectures and through other forms of cooperation, based on identified needs.
In our network
- Research group on diversity and integration at HVL Campus Bergen
- «Human development and Capability Approach» at NLA University College
- The National Centre of Multicultural Education (NAFO)
Head of research group
International advisory panel
- Camilla Eline Andersen, førsteamanuensis, Høgskolen i Innlandet
- Sigrun Aamodt, senterleder Nasjonalt senter for flerkulturell opplæring (NAFO)
- Frédérique Brossard Børhaug, professor, NLA Høgskolen Bergen
- Steinar Bøyum, professor, Universitetet i Bergen
- Dorthe Staunæs, professor, Aarhus Universitet
- Ingrid Helleve, professor, Universitetet i Bergen
- Thomas Johansson, professor, Gøteborgs universitet
- Kari Nes, dosent, Høgskolen i Innlandet
- May Britt Postholm, professor, Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Bodil Ravneberg, professor, Høgskulen på Vestlandet (campus Bergen)
- Julian Savulescu, professor, University of Oxford
- Kari Smith, professor, Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Sally Tomlinson, professor, University of Oxford
- Kariane Therese Westrheim, professor, Universitetet i Bergen